Sure, the manly way to cook chicken is barbecuing a tender breast on the grill, but sometimes weather gets in the way. Maybe it’s winter and the temperature is freezing or it’s raining so hard that keeping the coals going is next to impossible. While you could just until the following day and try to order something through Eat24 or Grubhub, that shit can be expensive.
And if you’ve been marinating the chicken in our Homemade Barbecue Sauce, the odds of you wanting to wait to eat any of that delicious goodness probably isn’t happening.
And if you want to avoid the smoke that can sometimes come from cooking the chicken on the stove, baking is your best option.
What you’ll need:
- 4 Boneless Skinless Chicken Breasts
- Olive Oil
- A Baking Dish Large Enough for the Chicken Breasts
- Cooking Spray
- Our delicious, previously mentioned and linked to marinade
- Gallon Sized Ziploc Bag
1. Put Chicken Breasts in Gallon Sized Ziploc Bags. Pour marinade in on top of the chicken so that all breasts are completely covered. Let sit for 24 hours.
2. After 24 hours, preheat over to 400.
3. Lightly coat baking dish with Cooking Spray.
4. When the oven is preheated, place the chicken in the cooking spray coated baking dish and set in the oven.
5. Let chicken cook for 25 to 35 minutes or until the inside and the juice of the chicken are no longer pink when cut through.
After the chicken’s completely cooked through, allow it to cool for a short amount of time, and you’re ready to start feasting on some lean protein.